- About Us
- The Evolution of PR
- Strategic Approach
- Executive Team
- Recommended Reading
- Contact Us
- Case Studies
- Aruba Networks
- Attensity – Merger
- Cavet Technologies
- Cleantech Group
- eEye Digital Security
- Juniper Networks
- Juniper Networks – Global Alignment
- Mu Dynamics
- NETGEAR – Skype
- NETGEAR – Digital Entertainer
- NETGEAR – Storage
- NETGEAR — Building a Consumer Brand
- Sigma Designs – Media Processor
- Sigma Designs – Verizon
- Think London
- Unirac – Thought Leader
- Veolia Environnement
Strategic Web, Graphic Design, and Animation Services
In a world where Internet access is becoming as important as electricity, public relations simply cannot work effectively in a silo. As part of our 360º Communications approach, Sterling works with clients to craft online experiences that drive site traffic, engage relevant audiences, and deliver targeted results.
For high-tech, cleantech, and even a few non-tech clients, we have conducted site audits for proper SEO and effective PR, written copy for new and updated sites, streamlined user interfaces, updated website designs, integrated social media outreach, and even built brand-new online experiences. And we always integrate our efforts with PR, advertising and marketing campaigns to ensure the biggest bangs for our clients’ bucks.
Our “4D” process is simple but effective:
- Discovery — We begin by asking questions. Sometimes a lot of questions. We want to learn what makes a client tick. What gets employees out of bed. Why clients should care. And then we audit all online engagements to craft a savvy strategy for meeting business objectives.
- Design — We employ our discoveries to iterate a series of user interaction designs (basically, how various types of visitors will use a site) that our clients review and we refine that — married with the strategy — ultimately guide the graphic design, site layout, and information leading users toward positive actions.
- Development — In concert with our talented designers, Sterling creates XHTML templates, content management systems, or both that comply with the latest standards for computer, smartphone, and tablet browsers. When requested, we can also work backwards to ensure compatibility with older browsers so no prospect is left behind.
- Deployment — We test the CMS, proof the copy, launch the site, train the staff, and ensure the measurement tools are in place so everyone can monitor, edit, and maintain the site. Ensuring site copy is optimized for search engines and coordinated PR, social media and marketing campaigns is all part of the process.
Not every client needs all our services, but isn’t it comforting to know that someone is as least thinking about how everything should fit together?
We start every client engagement with an audit of the current state of affairs. This includes an investigation of existing websites (from the CMS to the code to the design), social media accounts, search engine marketing (SEM) campaigns, public relations programs, and marketing efforts. We analyze the competition, study the industry, and compile the results into an actionable report. Then, in concert with appropriate internal teams, Sterling can start the creative process.
Which messages do you need visitors to understand? What actions do you want visitors to take? How would you like visitors to feel about your company? The design of information and user interaction is critical to the success of a website, and Sterling Communications takes care to work with clients in designing experiences that not meet business objectives but branding objectives as well.
Google and other search engines reward fresh website content, yet too many cleantech companies (and, on occasion, a few high-tech ones as well) are burdened with outdated or challenging tools to update their online content. Not all of our clients need new sites, but for those who do, we work to ensure that the back-end systems running the show are as easy to use as possible while still meeting the needs of the sales, marketing, and business teams (not to mention visitors with the latest browsers, ancient computers, smartphones, or media tablets iPads.
With more than two decades of experience in public relations, Sterling Communications knows copy. We know what piques curiosity. What instructs. Educates. Sticks in the brain. Drives traffic. Attracts leads. Builds brands. We write pitches, releases, and speeches get results. We craft content for marketing materials, websites, blogs, and social media. And we do it all with our clients’ business objectives at heart.
About 901 million pages on the Internet are dedicated to SEO, according to Google. Let’s not waste more pixels fluffing those numbers. Simply put, Sterling Communications works with clients to ensure their public relations, marketing, social media, and marketing campaigns are all optimized for search engines because the best news is not actually news if no one can find it. We audit your current efforts, analyze your market and competitors, develop appropriate targets and goals, get our hands dirty in the code when you need it, and monitor progress.
Podcasts can offer technology companies an inexpensive yet effective way to regularly educate, illuminate, or influence decision makers. Sterling Communications has the experience and expertise to script, record, edit, and produce professional podcasts in person or over the phone for clients in Silicon Valley, San Francisco, and Seattle. Sterling specializes in interviewing high-tech and cleantech companies to tell stories free from useless jargon yet rich with compelling narratives. Webinars can include slideshows, animations, interviews, or interactive features as the production requires.
Sometimes, mere words can’t do software or an online experience justice. A well-written, smartly produced screencast can showcase the highlights of an new app, educate users on the intricacies of software, or explore the possibilities of an online service in ways that written overviews or instructions can’t adequately capture. Screencasts are also useful for training employees, a service we’ve provided for more than half a dozen clients in just the past few years.
In addition to scripting, shooting, and editing corporate videos, Sterling Communications also works with partners including Lilipip to produce animated marketing videos for high-tech and cleantech clients. For this video series on Mu Dynamics‘ product line, Sterling managed the entire project — from writing the script to directing the voiceovers to guiding the animation style. This series of videos illustrated Mu’s complex testing solution. Through social media and in conjunction with a product launch, the video landed in a number of high profile locations, including key industry publications.